- New Zealand drives on the left hand side of the road and gives way to the traffice
approaching from the right.
- Visiting drivers can expect to average 80km per hour (50mph) whilst driving in New
- Speed limits: Open roads 100 km/hr Town roads 50 km/hr.
- Seat belts must be worn by driver and passenders both in front and rear seats.
- Road signs follow standard international symbols.
- Child under 5 years must be restrained in car or booster seat.
AA (New Zealand) offer free road maps and breakdown services to members of
equivalent overseas organisations.
Copyright © General Travel New Zealand Ltd. and AmericaOne, 1999.