Mumm 36 Circuit Regatta: John Kostecki Reports
Thomas I Punkt Wins in Italy
PUNTA ALA, Italy (May 30, 1997) Sailing Thomas I Punkt from Germany, we won the first Mumm 36 European Circuit Regatta in Punta Ala, Italy. The regatta was basically a tune-up for the Mumm 36 Worlds, which start Monday, June 2.
We sailed eight races with no drops in the tune-up regatta, with light to moderate winds.Final Results: 1. Thomas I Punkt, GER 5,3,1,2,2,9,4,7 33 pts 2. Jameson, IRL 1,1,2,9,9,2,9,2 35 3. Kateie, BEL 9,pms,3,1,4,6,1,1 41 4. Breeze, ITA 2,2,10,12,1,4,6,4 41 5. Georgia Express, NZL 3,6,5,5,6,3,10,6 44
1. Thomas I Punkt - Gavin Brady NZL/John Kostecki USA
2. Jameson - Chris Larson USA/Dee Smith USA
3. Kateie - Tom Dodson NZL/Peter Evans NZL
4. Breeze - Thomaso Chieffi ITA/Enrico Chieffi ITA
5. Greogia Express - David Barnes NZL/Murray Jones NZL
Other notable competitors were and will be at the worlds as well:
10. Bravo - Torban Grail BRA
11. Atalanti V|I - George Andreadis GRE/Rod Davis NZL
12. Just for Granta - Jorg Diesch GER/Russell Coutts NZL
The schedule for the Worlds is as follows:June 2 3 windward/leeward races June 3 3 windward/leeward races June 4/5 Long offshore June 6 3 windward/leeward races June 7 1 triangle or 1 windward leeward race
Kostecki is the tactician for AmericaOne.
HOME PORT | NEWSLINE
Ford/Visteon | Hewlett-Packard Company | Telcordia Technologies/SAIC
Amtec Engineering, Inc. | Autodesk | Black Mountain Spring Water | CADSI
Ebac Dehumidifiers | Harvey + Garcia Design, Inc. | Hornblower Yachts, Inc.
Ivy Hi-Lift | Pointwise | PowerBar | Trimble | West Marine
Copyright © 1996-1999, AmericaOne