Some AmericaOne Crew Take a Break And Train in Volvo Ocean 60s in Spain
John Kostecki, the Tactician, and the Sailing Team Manager of America One, is also the skipper of the illbruck Round the World Challenge (IWRC), the first group to challenge for the Volvo Ocean Race 2001-2. As the AmericaOne sailing team takes a break after sailing in New Zealand and before beginning its training season in Long Beach in June, Kostecki is sail testing and crew training off the coast of Spain with his IWRC team.
- Terry Hutchinson update: Heavy Weather is forecast for next offshore test 4/20/99
- John Kostecki update: illbruck boats go offshore for second test session 4/19/99
- Terry Hutchinson reports on successful offshore testing in the North Atlantic 4/10/99
- Kostecki and illbruck crews prepare to head offshore for four-day testing session 4/7/99
- Terry Hutchinson is a Volvo Ocean Rookie and reports he is "hooked!" 4/4/99
- John Kostecki and illbruck crew begin Spanish training camp for Volvo Ocean Race 3/30/99
HOME PORT NEWSLINE
Official Supporting Sponsors
Ernst & Young | Exponent, Inc. | Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
Grey Advertising | Korn/Ferry Int'l | Volvo Penta
Altair Engineering| Amtec Engineering, Inc. | Black Mountain Spring Water
CADSI | Chesapeake Decision Sciences | Hornblower Yachts, Inc.
Harvey + Garcia Design, Inc. | Pointwise | PowerBar | Trimble | West Marine
Copyright © 1996-1999, AmericaOne