San Pedro Training Chronicles
Following the launch and christening of our first new IACC yacht USA 49, as AmericaOne on July 17, team members are half way through seven weeks of trials at their San Pedro facility. The new boat is tuning up against her trial horse OneAustralia as sparring partner until boat Number Two is completed and is delivered to the team base in New Zealand later this fall.
Please visit this page daily as we fast approach the beginning of racing for the Louis Vuitton Cup:
- 8/25/99: Tender Driverss Speak Out
- 8/24/99: Winding Down...
- 8/23/99: When the rudder meets the load - AmericaOne Hull & Spar Design & Materials
- 8/21/99: Sponsors Get Valuable Insights During Training Sessions
- 8/20/99: Crew Trains For Heart Emergencies With HP Heartstream Forerunner Unit
- 8/18/99: The Wettest Job on the Water -- And the Best View
- 8/16/99: Science, Artistry and Dedication Combine to Produce AmericaOne Sails
- 8/15/99: View From the Top of the Rig
- 8/14/99: The Joys of a Rare Day Off!
- 8/13/99: The New Boat Has a Good Slippery Feel in All Conditions
- 8/12/99: The First Law of Grinding . . . Energy Conservation
- 8/11/99: Dolphins and Pilot Whales For Company
- 8/8/99: "Tech Day" Is Dedicated To Hydrodynamic Testing
- 8/6/99: Designer Bruce Nelson Takes AmericaOne Sailing
- 8/5/99: The Infinite Benefits of Two-Boat Training
- 8/3/99:Which Way Did He Go?
- 8/2/99: Brady and Perrin Join Team In San Pedro
- 7/31/99: Rig and Appendage Testing Checks Out on USA 49
- 7/29/99: At Last! -- USA 49 Sails For The First Time
- 7/29/99:Perfection is the Emphasis on Boat Preparation
- 7/28/99: Ideal Conditions Speed Sail Testing Routines
- 7/25/99: Hull Flow Research Blends Theory With Practice
- 7/22/99: Transformation at San Pedro is Amazing
- 7/20/99: The Team Is Now in Full America's Cup Mode
- 7/18/99: Major Milestone - Icka Cayard Christens AmericaOne
- 7/15/99: Professional Obsession!
- 7/14/99: Watching All the Pieces Come Together
- 7/13/99: Billy Bates: Man of Many Trades
- 7/12/99: John Kostecki: "New Boat is Looking Good, and Fast!"
- 7/11/99: Breaking Through The Marathon Wall
- 7/10/99: Hardware And Instrumentation Goes Aboard USA 49
- 7/9/99: Drizzle Doesn't Delay Team's Two-Boat Preparations
- 7/8/99: T. Hutchinson Provides Two-Boat Testing Preview
- 7/7/99: Trial Horse Goes Sailing
- Jan.-Feb. 1999 New Zealand Training Chronicles
- New Zealand Training Photo Album
For additional information on AmericaOne, contact:
Gina Von Esmarch
HOME PORT | NEWSLINE
Ford/Visteon | Hewlett-Packard Company | Telcordia Technologies/SAIC
Copyright © 1996-1999, AmericaOne